Our appointments are free for:
- New Zealand residents under 22 years.
- People eligible for subsidised health care.
Many prescriptions can be collected from a pharmacy for free. There may be a charge for some medications.
For some services, like an IUD, you might need more than one appointment. You will need to pay for these appointments if you are 22 and over.
Community Services Card Holder
If you have a Community Services Card, your appointment will always be $5.
You might also have to pay a $10 dressing fee if you get a contraceptive implant.
For some services, you might need more than one appointment and you will have to pay for each of these appointments.
The screening programme in Aotearoa is not fully funded. However, from 12 September 2023, free cervical screening is available for:
- Māori and Pasifika of any age
- People over 30 years of age who have not had a cervical screen in the past 5 years or have never had a screening test
- People who need follow up testing
- People who have a community services card.
SUBSIDISED HEALTH CARE
If you are eligible for subsidised health care in New Zealand, please bring your documents to your first appointment. This means:
- New Zealand Residents not born in New Zealand - bring a copy of your residency permit.
- If you are in New Zealand on a two-year work visa - bring a copy of your visa.
If you don’t bring these documents to your first appointment, you will have to pay Non-Resident fees.
STI self-test appointment
You can take your own STI test at an STI self-test appointment.
Contraceptive pill starts and repeats, Depo Provera injection, cervical screens, STI testing and treatment, help and advice with heavy bleeding, phone consultations.
IUD insertions (hormonal and non-hormonal), contraceptive implant insertions*, minor gynaecological procedures.
* Dressing fee for some clients.
This requires three appointments for three vaccinations.
New Zealand residents who start the vaccine before their 27th birthday are eligible for free vaccination.
Appointment cost + cost of each vaccine ($180)
Prices effective from 10 July 2023.
Family Planning has clinics located throughout New Zealand. Use the clinic finder to find your nearest clinic.