To create a positive social environment, we follow a few rules.
Get involved with our online community
We encourage you to share your thoughts and opinions in a respectful way.
We do not agree with or endorse every comment that individuals post on our pages but we support everyone’s right to have their say.
We will delete any content, including posts, comments and images, if it contains any of the following:
- hate speech
- swear words, obscenity or vulgarity
- defamation (comments that damage someone's reputation) to a person or people
- name calling and/or personal attacks
- comments whose main purpose is to sell a product
- infringements on copyrights
- spam, such as the same comment posted repeatedly on a profile
- other content that we deem inappropriate.
All links posted as comments on Family Planning posts will be reviewed and may be deleted.
In rare occurrences a user may be blocked from our social media pages if they repeatedly break these rules.
We know that social media operates around the clock; however, we only have the capacity to operate Monday to Friday during normal working hours.
Inappropriate comments may not be seen right away but we will manage them as soon as possible. We have confidence in your maturity to ignore personal attacks and negative speech or respond politely.
We can't answer personal medical enquiries via social media. Clinical excellence is of great importance to us and this decision is in the best interests of your health and well-being.
If you have a personal health question, there are some options for you though:
- Between 8am and 6pm on weekdays, you can make an appointment by calling the Family Planning clinic. Our phones are also open from 9am until 1pm on Saturday. Use the Clinic Finder to find the clinic nearest you.
- Our website has up-to-date advice, and information about the services we can offer, including changes to our services at different COVID19 alert levels.
- Ring Healthline 24 hours a day - free call 0800 611 116 to speak with a registered nurse.
Appointments are free if you are under 22, and only $5 if you have a Community Services Card (New Zealand Residents).
Posted comments and images do not necessarily represent the views of Family Planning. External, non-Family Planning links on our social media pages do not represent an endorsement from Family Planning in any way.
Family Planning has clinics located throughout New Zealand. Use the clinic finder to find your nearest clinic.