Family Planning is the leading provider of sexual and reproductive health training and education for doctors, nurses, midwives, allied health professionals, teachers, disability services and community groups working in the area of sexual and reproductive health.
In addition to our ongoing suite of training courses, we can provide training tailored for a particular audience or in-house delivery for organisations. Training can be whatever you need from a guest lecturer to medical students through to a full course with assessment and a certificate of attainment.
If you'd like to request a quote for customised or in-house training, please email email@example.com with details of your requirements and one of our training coordinators will respond within 7 days to discuss your needs.
The topics available include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Sexually transmissible infections
- Unintended pregnancy options
- Adolescent health
- Cervical screening
- Cervical screening workshop with hands-on practice on pelvic models
- Common gynaecology presentations in general practice
- Hands-on training in the insertion of IUDs and Long-Acting Reversible Contraceptive methods (LARC)
Teacher and Guidance Councillor Training / Disability Training / Community and Youth Worker training
- Teaching comprehensive relationships and sexuality education to primary, intermediate and secondary students
- Sexuality education using the Family Planning suite of sexuality education resources including Navigating the Journey, Affirming Diversity.
Our quote will include all relevant resources for participants, room and equipment hire if required and any travel costs.
Some training sessions for health professionals attract PD points.
Family Planning is a registered and accredited Private Training Establishment (PTE). Please view the terms and conditions for training courses.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Family Planning has clinics located throughout New Zealand. Use the clinic finder to find your nearest clinic.