You can make an appointment at any clinic by phone or online.
HOW DO I MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
You can make an appointment by:
- Phoning the clinic. Use the Clinic Finder at the bottom of the page to find the location and contact details for the clinic nearest you.
- Fill out the Ask for an Appointment online form. We will call you back to confirm a time and clinic for your appointment.
Questions about why you need an appointment
When you call for an appointment the call taker will ask why you are making an appointment. You will also be asked this on the online form and in the clinic. This is so they can make sure that we can provide the right service for you.
They can also tell you whether you need to see a nurse or a doctor, how long your appointment will need to be and what it will cost.
All our staff are well trained and professional
Our call takers are Family Planning staff. They are well trained in sexual and reproductive health and respect your right to access a confidential service.
All our clinics are very friendly and welcoming. Our staff are trained to be professional and won't judge you. They’ll make you feel relaxed and comfortable when you call to make an appointment or visit a clinic.
Covid-19 Update: What to expect when you come to us for an appointment
- Please come to the clinic at the time allocated. Please ring and cancel if you become unwell
- If you are having an IUD insertion or cervical screening (smear) test, bring a sarong or towel in a bag. This can be used as a modesty blanket. Don’t forget to have your breakfast or lunch
- Organise someone to take you home after your IUD insertion in case needed
- You can bring another person with you into the clinic if you would like support. They will be screened for Covid-19 on arrival as well and be required to follow the same process.
To minimise risk and maintain physical distancing please avoid bringing children to the clinic with you.
- You may be asked to wait outside the clinic if we have too many people in the waiting room.
- On entering the clinic, you will be asked to use the hand sanitiser provided.
- On leaving please use the hand sanitiser again.
Family Planning has clinics located throughout New Zealand. Use the clinic finder to find your nearest clinic.