- International development, sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Project evaluation opportunity
- Short-term contract
Family Planning’s international programmes unit is seeking an experienced and motivated international development consultant to provide an end of project evaluation for their Kiribati Healthy Families Project Phase Two.
Phase Two of the Kiribati Healthy Families Project is a five-year project ending on 31 March 2019. The project is funded by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (MFAT) and implemented by Family Planning and the Kiribati Family Health Association. The goal of the project is to increase access to sexual and reproductive health information, skills and services in South Tarawa and six outer islands resulting in a reduction in sexually transmissible infections and unplanned pregnancies.
ABOUT The Contract
The evaluation will be conducted over approximately 20 days, with 7 days spent on data collection in South Tarawa and one outer island in Kiribati. The key evaluation objectives are:
- Assess the overall impact of the project.
- Assess to what extent the project outputs were delivered and the project outcomes achieved.
- Provide recommendations for a possible future phase of the project.
- Provide data for the project’s monitoring, evaluation, research and learning (MERL) table.
Qualifications and Experience
We are seeking a contractor who:
- Has review expertise and experience, including undertaking development evaluations
- Has appropriate research and report writing skills
- Has excellent written communication skills, verbal communication skills and listening skills
- Is experienced working cross-culturally (Pacific experience preferred)
- Has an understanding of sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Is familiar with the MFAT MERL framework
- Is able to work to a definitive time frame. The evaluation must be completed by 15 March 2020.
Applications close Tuesday 10 December 2019.
TO APPLY: Please send your CV and completed application form to:
Krystle Prenter, Programmes Officer, Family Planning
Family Planning has clinics located throughout New Zealand. Use the clinic finder to find your nearest clinic.