- Exciting opportunity to contribute to the work of Family Planning
- Our Vision – Equity, Access and Choice
- Leading provider of sexual and reproductive health services
Family Planning is offering a fantastic leadership opportunity for a Health Promotion Area Manager based in our Newmarket office. Our Health Promotion services are located throughout New Zealand. We are focused on ensuring our services are located in areas of high need and are accessible for rangatahi Māori and young people.
About the Role
In this role, you will be responsible for leading and managing a regional team of Health Promoters in the Northern/Midland region. You will contribute to the strategic development and delivery of health promotion initiatives. This includes the planning and implementation of specific education and health promotion programmes for young people, parents/caregivers, and professionals working with these groups.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about people management. You will have a strong commitment to comprehensive relationship and sexuality education and health promotion. You will be able to work cross-culturally to establish key relationships and connect with diverse communities.
To be considered for the role you will ideally have:
- Excellent team leadership skills with proven management experience including managing staff remotely.
- Experience of working in education, health promotion, health, or community development.
- Outstanding project and programme management and evaluation skills.
- Experienced in facilitation/training with excellent communication skills.
- Experience connecting and working with diverse parts of our communities including Māori, Pasifika, people with disabilities, children, and young people.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi.
- A desire to be innovative and work collaboratively with clinical and other key services.
- A full clean drivers licence and use of own registered and warranted motor vehicle and able to travel throughout the region.
About Family Planning
Family Planning is New Zealand’s leading sexual and reproductive health organisation. We believe people should have access to quality services and information so they can make informed choices about their sexual and reproductive health.
Working for Family Planning will offer you an exciting and challenging work environment.
You will have access to a range of staff benefits, along with recognition and development opportunities. In this role you can contribute to the fantastic work of Family Planning making a difference within our communities and for the people of Aotearoa.
Family Planning is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi.
Applications close 5.00pm Thursday 9 July 2020
TO APPLY: Please email your completed application form, CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Planning has clinics located throughout New Zealand. Use the clinic finder to find your nearest clinic.