- Exciting opportunity to contribute to the work of Family Planning
- Our Vision – Equity, Access and Choice
- Leading provider of sexual and reproductive health services
Family Planning’s Health Promotion services are located throughout New Zealand. We are focused on ensuring our services are located in areas of high need and are accessible for rangatahi Māori and young people. In this role you can contribute to the fantastic work of Family Planning and be part of making a difference within our communities and for the people of Aotearoa.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a permanent part time role offering 24 hours each week. The role is based in our New Plymouth office with travel required throughout the Taranaki region. This role requires a Health Promoter who is passionate about sexual health, healthy relationships and equity. In the role you will be working alongside the community to promote and advance sexual and reproductive health through the delivery and facilitation of programmes. We are looking for someone who is able to work cross-culturally to connect with the community and establish key relationships.
To be considered for the role you will ideally have:
- Experience of teaching, training and facilitation in health promotion or youth work contexts
- Knowledge and skills around health literacy principles
- Experience connecting and working with diverse parts of the community
- A strong commitment to comprehensive relationship and sexuality education and health promotion
- Knowledge and understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi principles
- Cultural competence and a commitment to developing and maintaining relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders
- A desire to be innovative and work collaboratively with clinical and other key services
- A full clean drivers licence and use of own registered and warranted motor vehicle
ABOUT Family Planning
Family Planning is New Zealand’s leading sexual and reproductive health organisation. We believe people should have access to quality services and information so they can make informed choices about their sexual and reproductive health.
Working for Family Planning will offer you an exciting and challenging work environment. You will have access to a range of staff benefits, along with recognition and development opportunities. As a large NGO Family Planning can support you to make your personal passions the centre of your career.
Family Planning has a commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi. We are an EEO employer and a registered charity.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt.
TO APPLY: Please email your completed application form, CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Family Planning has clinics located throughout New Zealand. Use the clinic finder to find your nearest clinic.