We deliver specialist sexual and reproductive health promotion services throughout Aotearoa New Zealand.
We work with schools, parents, young people, special interest groups, community groups, professionals and others.
Free online or phone consultations
We offer free, one-one-one online or phone consultations for principals, teachers, school nurses, youth and community workers.
We can you help with:
- support for programme development
- strategies for effective teaching and learning
- tools and resources for teaching and assessment
- advice and support for creating safe, health promoting environments
- communicating with parents and whānau
- professional learning and development opportunities for staff.
Support for delivery of sexuality and relationships education
We support the delivery of sexuality and relationships education for:
- alternative education settings
- teenage parent groups
- independent training organisations
- community groups and agencies.
We also provide age-appropriate teaching resources, developed in line with the New Zealand Health and Physical Education Curriculum.
Professional learning and development workshops
We offer workshops on all non-clinical aspects of sexuality and relationships for teachers, community workers and adults.
Workshops for teachers and community workers include topics such as:
- comprehensive sexuality education, including use of our teaching resources
- safer sex
- relationships education, including teaching about consent
- alcohol and sex
- working with people with diverse sexes, sexualities and genders.
Workshops for parents and caregivers include topics such as:
- talking with children about sex, sexuality and puberty
- safer sex, including contraception and STI prevention and testing
Workshops for your community
Workshops can also be tailored for your community or group needs. For example, they can be specifically for parents and caregivers of young people with disabilities, for religious groups or for young/teen parents.
Contact our health promotion team for more information about our health promotion workshops.
Family Planning has clinics located throughout New Zealand. Use the clinic finder to find your nearest clinic.