- Permanent/part time and two year fixed term/full time
- International development - Sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Pacific focus
Family Planning is New Zealand’s leading sexual and reproductive health service provider. We believe everyone should have access to quality services and information so they can make informed choices about their sexual and reproductive health.
Our International Programmes unit works closely with colleagues and partners in the Pacific to increase access to sexual and reproductive health information and services. Through research, projects and advocacy we work to support people to make informed choices about their sexual and reproductive health.
ABOUT THE ROLEs
Family Planning is looking for two Programme Officers to join our International Programmes team based in central Wellington. These roles offer a unique opportunity to make a difference to sexual and reproductive health, in an international development context. There will be some overseas travel involved, sometimes to remote locations and developing countries.
Programme Officer – permanent role
This is a permanent, part time role offering 24 hours each week. This role provides secretariat support services for the NZ Parliamentarians’ Group on Population and Development and contributes to other aspects of Family Planning’s International Programmes unit.
Programme Officer - fixed term role
This is a two year fixed term role offering full time hours. This role will be responsible for managing the Vanuatu international development programme and contributing to other aspects of Family Planning’s International Programmes unit.
We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate the following:
- Previous international development experience.
- A qualification in development studies or other similar field.
- An understanding of issues relating to sexual and reproductive health.
- Proven communication and relationship-building skills, particularly cross-culturally.
Family Planning has a commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi. We are an EEO employer and a registered charity.
- Download an application form (Word)
- Download a position description (Word) for permanent position
- Download a position description (Word) for fixed term position
Applications close Wednesday 25 April 2018
TO APPLY: Please email your completed application form, CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Family Planning has clinics located throughout New Zealand. Use the clinic finder to find your nearest clinic.