- Wellington based / 32 hours per week
- Our Vision – Equity, Access and Choice
- Leading provider of sexual and reproductive health services
Family Planning is New Zealand’s leading sexual and reproductive health organisation. We believe people should have access to quality services and information so they can make informed choices about their sexual and reproductive health.
Our Health Promotion services are located throughout New Zealand. We are focused on ensuring our services are accessible for rangatahi Māori and young people and that they are located in areas of high need. The principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and the Ottawa Charter guide us in the work we do.
about the role
We are looking for a Health Promoter who is passionate about sexual health, healthy relationships and equity. In this role you will be engaging with the community to establish key relationships. You will be responsible for the delivery of quality health promotion services and effective training and facilitation for the promotion (or advancement) of sexual and reproductive health. There is some travel involved as this role will cover the Hawkes Bay region as well as the Marlborough and Nelson region.
To be successful in this role you will ideally have:
- Experience of teaching, training and facilitation, health promotion or youth work.
- Knowledge and skills around health literacy principles.
- Experience connecting and working with diverse parts of our communities including - Māori, Pasifika, people with disabilities, teenagers and youth at risk.
- A strong commitment to comprehensive sexuality and relationship education and health promotion.
Family Planning has a commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi. We are an EEO employer and a registered charity.
Applications close Sunday 18 March 2018
TO APPLY: Please email your completed application form, CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Planning has clinics located throughout New Zealand. Use the clinic finder to find your nearest clinic.