Family Planning Philosophy
Family Planning believes that people have the right to live free of discrimination, regardless of their:
- Sexual orientation
- Relationship status
- Political views
People have the right to express their sexuality but without hurt or violation of the rights of others.
So that people are able to make informed choices about sexuality and take responsible actions for their own sexual health, they have the right to:
- honest and accurate information about sexuality
- an awareness and understanding of sexual feelings
- the opportunity to clarify their own values and understand those of others
- access to good health care services
- lifelong learning about sexuality as a natural part of living
This philosophy allows us the freedom to reach our potential as human beings.
Family Planning aims to provide information and education about sexuality consistent with these beliefs.